bad things CAN happenwhen you don't have a backup plan.
The 3 drive rotation backup system has your back
You’re not alone if you don’t regularly backup your data. The fact is less than 10% of firms back up their data daily. It’s also a fact that 70% of small firms go out of business within a year of a large data loss. So data loss prevention is imperative to the very existence of your company.
At Millennium Group, we have the answer to data loss prevention with our 3 Drive Rotation Backup System.
some Data loss stats
- Less than 10% of firms back up their data every day
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for ten days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy.
- 45% of all backup failures are due to hardware failure
- The average failure rate of backing up all data is 75%
- Simple drive recovery can cost upwards of $7,500, and success is not guaranteed
- 70 % of small firms go out of business within a year of a large data loss incident
Common Causes of Data Loss
A number of different factors can be attributed to data loss, and each creates a its own problem for data recovery. Hard drive crashes account for the highest percentage of data loss, but human errors and issues with software follow closely behind.
- Human Error
- Viruses & Malware
- Hard Drive Damage
- Power Outages
- Computer Theft
- Liquid Damage
- Software Corruption
- Hard Drive Formatting
- Hackers and Insiders
The 3 drive rotation backup system
the 3-2-1 Rule of Backup
- Have at least three independent copies of your data.
- Store the copies on two different types of media.
- Keep one backup copy offsite.
HOW 3 DRIVE ROTATION WORKS
- A 3 drive rotation involves three external drives that have enough space for four complete backups of all files.
- Each drive is rotated out daily so that the newest one has the most updated. information and the oldest one will only have max 4 days’ worth of old information.
- Each drive contains one full backup for Daily, Weekly, and Monthly. This allows us to have redundancy in case a file is needed that is older than three days.
THE RATIONALE FOR USING A 3 DRIVE BACKUP SYSTEM
- Most users don’t recognize that something is wrong with the network until they start working for the day.
- Most routines involve unplugging the latest backup and plugging in the next one in preparation for the next backup.
- Once the user starts working and notices that something is wrong, such as ransomware both the drive that they just unplugged and plugged in are commonly infected by the virus and render the files useless.
- With three drives we can have some certainty that one drive has not been on the infected network and has information that can be retrieved.
- In addition to 3 drive rotations we recommend off-site backups as well bare metal backups for server environments.
START BACKING UP TODAY
Find out how we can set you up with with our 3 Drive Rotation Backup System by contacting us today.