How to increase website traffic is probably one of the most common questions we get frequently asked. While there is no one size fits all approach to driving more traffic to your website, some strategies work better than others. Here are 4 proven ways to boost website traffic and increase conversion rate.
1. Optimize Your Site for Search Engines
The key element of any digital marketing strategy is optimizing your site for search engines (SEO). In simple terms, search engine traffic usually has one of the highest conversion rates. If you do one thing, optimizing SEO is something that you can start implementing it right away to boost your website traffic.
It’s pretty astonishing how often we witness website developers failing to undertake proper search engine optimization. While you may have a visually attractive website, the chances are to get more visitors, and it needs optimizing. Here are some basic SEO steps you can start working on today:
- Check what keywords and phrases your customers are searching for.
- Find out where you rank for those keywords and phrases.
- Refine and adapt your content on your site.
- Monitor how your rankings change.
- Adjust, tweak, measure continuously.
If you are unsure how to find out what keywords your site ranks for and their rankings, it’s worth reaching out to a digital marketing professional – Millennium Group can help you! With properly applied search engine optimization, you could start seeing an increase in traffic to your website before long.
2. Drive Website Traffic with Email Marketing
Many are debating whether email marketing is a thing of the past now that other tools such as social media and blogs are driving customer engagement. In our opinion and according to other digital marketing industry experts, email marketing is going from strength to strength.
Social media is a very particular space with different platforms attracting varied types of public. It can be challenging to navigate all the different social media platforms and keep them up to date with appropriate content tailored for each type of audience. This is why engaging your audience via email is much more practical. You can collate your content into one email, linking and bringing the customers back to your website. We know it works because if you are reading this, you likely clicked on a link from Millennium Group’s newsletter.
Here are some practical tips for driving traffic to your website with emails, newsletters, and promotional emails:
- Segment your audiences. While segmenting might seem like a great deal of work, if you make sure that your contacts are split into suitable categories and interest groups right from the outset of the marketing process, then long term, this will prove more and more effective.
- Create a branded, user-friendly and responsive template. Most importantly, to boost website traffic, make sure to link all headings, images, text, and buttons back to your website.
- Track your email marketing campaign analytics. Ensure that you have enabled Google Analytics tracking on all your links and overall email campaign.
- Keep checking the results and refine for the next email campaign. Utilize the statistics provided by the email marketing platforms together with Google Analytics to improve your future campaigns. Concentrate less on the overall open and click rates and more on what exactly your customers have clicked on. Then work with that.
3. Utilize Facebook Ads to Increase Website Traffic
The central goal for most businesses is to use social media platforms to increase sales through the website. Simply put, what you need is more website visits. These days organic social media is used mainly as a customer loyalty and brand awareness tool. If you want to get actual results and significantly boost website traffic, you will need to use Facebook Ads. Don’t be discouraged by the fact that you have to pay for Facebook advertising, but rather perceive it as a method to target your potential customers like never before.
- Utilize the targeting strategies. With Facebook advertising, you can target customers in several ways, from geographical radius and gender to age, interests, and behavior.
- You don’t need a huge budget. A little can go a long way. The results are not proportioned on the basis of ‘the more you spend, the more you get’.
- You can measure the performance. Used along with statistics such as Google Analytics, Facebook advertising can be evaluated in such a way that it can tell you whether this method of advertising is leading to purchases or inquiries.
4. Create Content That People Actually Want to Read
Creating compelling and effective content is much like anything else in life – it’s about striking the right balance. In essence, you need to create content that you are an expert on, that fulfills your customers’ needs and accurately mirrors what they are searching for. Keeping these three elements in mind when brainstorming content ideas will lead you to greater success in boosting website traffic. Not only will this type of content engage your customers, but it will also enrich your website for the search engines.
Millennium Group Can Help You with Website SEO and Digital Marketing
We work with businesses of all sizes in Loveland, CO, and surrounding areas helping them thrive in the digital world. We can undertake SEO for your site, which will boost your website traffic and profit you for years to come. Alternatively, we can work with you to create a complete digital marketing strategy based on you achieving your goals. Contact us: (970) 663-1200